Saturday 8 December 2012

Organised Chaos

As I sit here with my morning coffee, the rest of the house is still sleeping. My mind drifts off to a place of serenity.
A place where there are no uniforms to wash and iron. No huge shopping lists to get and no housework to complete.

Being a working Mum, it seems as though it's a never ending task to keep on top of my ever expanding list of jobs to do.
I often sit and think what my actual job description is....
I'm a cook, waitress, cleaner, teacher, nurse, referee, taxi driver, counsellor, events planner and cash machine. I work 24/7 with no sick days or holidays and the job is for the rest of my life!!

I'm not complaining, it's the best job in the world, however it is so consuming. In the midst of it all, you lose yourself, your identity. I'm just Mia & Lilia's mum.
Yet I look at my reflection and I know I could be so much more. I used to be so much more.

2013 will be the year of change for me. It may be the year I finally get back in the driving seat of my life. For the past few years it has felt as if I've just sat back and been a passenger, I jumped on and never really had a destination in mind. Hopefully that will all change.

Firstly, I'm going to get my house in order. I truly believe an organised home equals an organised mind. This will involve some strict rules, new routines and the most difficult bit, TIME.

But, I'm always up for a challenge. Hopefully by the end of the week things will start to happen.

I am owed some time at work that I need to take before Christmas, so I'm taking some half days next week. With the help of a good friend, I'm going to start with my spare room. The dumping room which it as become, will be de-cluttered, spring cleaned and prepared for guests over the festive period.

Each day I promise to organise a room, except the girls room,  I sorted theirs two weeks ago and it's made such a difference. Then hopefully Friday night I can celebrate with a glass or two of wine!

Wish me Luck xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment