Wednesday 12 December 2012

Just saying...

In certain situations I often find myself lost for words. People that know me will probably laugh at the very thought. Although it may seem like I never shut up, the words that I want to say seem too disappear the very moment I need to say them or the courage I need ebbs away.

Once that moment passes, sometimes you never get the opportunity again. The words are lost to a memory.

I have never been a person that was interested in collecting things, however for the past ten years I have collected quotes. This may be a passing comment during a conversation, an extract from a poem or even a line from a film.  The quotes I have collected are written down in a small journal and I often go back and remind myself that a string of words can have a huge impact on someone.

Today I found another one to add to my collection. The comment was made during a conversation between two friends. They where discussing how thankful they both where for having each other in their lives.

"I didn't choose you, we found each other."

A simple, yet beautiful sentence. So after adding another to my collection, I thought I'd share some of my favourites with you.

"Life isn't a matter of milestones, but memories" - Rose Kennedy

"Boys will be boys and so will middle aged men!" - K. Hubbard

"I do not think of all the misery, but all the beauty that still remains" - Anne Frank

"Cherish all your happy moments. They make a fine cushion for old age" - Christopher Morley

"To get to a woman's heart, a man must first use his own." - Michael Dobbertin Aged 13

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows." - Helen Keller

"You don't stop laying because you grow old; you grow old because you stop laughing." - Michael Pritchard

"Strangers are friends we haven't met" - Helen Steiner Rice

"Life is a canvas, throw all the paint on it you want"- Danny Kaye

"I promise to love you forever, every single day of forever" - Stephenie Meyer

"Your souls proximity with mine"

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on"- Robert Frost

There are hundreds more that I could share with you, but for tonight I hope you enjoyed these few.








No comments:

Post a Comment