Tuesday 25 December 2012

Christmas 2013

Yes, that correct next Christmas....

After a wonderful day spent with family, eating, laughing and exchanging gifts. It has made me think ahead for next year 2013.

This next few days leading up to New Year will be spent reflecting on 2012 and setting goals for 2013.

After receiving some lovely homemade gifts I promise to be more organised for next Christmas. This will involve setting up a monthly budget, shop through out the year and making as many gifts as possible.

Although I have adopted some frugal ways, 2013 will be the year we take control of our finances (pay off our credit card, increase savings).

I will get my home, mind, health and career in order too.

My home will be de cluttered room by room. I will stay organised and set up a solid routine to help keep the house clean and tidy. (The girls will also play a big part in this).
I will paint the Kitchen (new cupboards and flooring will have to wait) and organise the spare bedroom. This will also involve doing some painting.

By doing the above I know it will help my mind set. I get stressed and restless quite easy when my home is untidy.

2013 is the year I finally lose the extra lbs I've been carrying. I know I can do it. I need to ensure my health is tip top and losing some weight will aide this. I may even train for the Heaton Park 5/10k run. It's something I've always wanted to do, just so I can tick it off my bucket list.

This is the year I will also return to education. Long term I want to retrain as a nurse but I've been informed I need to complete some recent study to enable me to get onto the degree course I want.

Returning to Education will also result in changing work. I will need to find employment that is flexible and fits in with college/husbands shifts and childcare. Yes it's going to be a difficult 2013/2014 academic term, but I will do it.

I promise I will only buy things if I need them and not because I just want them.
The OH and I will have to get out of the mentality "we deserve it". Yes we probably do but priorities 1st. Get rid of our debt (eventually over pay mortgage) start saving and have holidays instead of stuff.

I can envisage this next 12 months to be tough, but it will be worth it when I sit back and reflect.




No comments:

Post a Comment