Saturday 5 January 2013

Back to normal

Well normality will hopefully return to our lives tomorrow. The girls finally return to school.

For me, this means two things; returning to strict routines and being extremely busy.

So today will be spent, sorting uniforms, packing school bags and making sure I've got supplies for packed lunches.

I had planned on going food shopping yesterday, but Galaxy wasn't well enough to be left alone. So it's on my to do list for today.

We had discussed allowing the girls to go onto school dinners for the winter months, I liked the idea of them having a hot meal during the day, but the cost of two children on school meals per month is approximately £78.

I know I can feed both my girls a healthy nutritious lunch for a fraction of that cost.
Introducing food flasks was suggested. This will enable them to take soup, stew or pasta in for lunch, but I'm not sure how it would be received by the school. I'll add it to my list of jobs for next week.

My food shop this week will have to be very frugal. After receiving the vet bill of £910 (which may not be covered by insurance) eating meals constructed of store cupboard supplies and eating from the freezer will be required.

Childcare costs will also resume this week, I'm still waiting on Decembers invoice yet. Luckily the OH shift rota reduces the number of days the girls need to be aftercare this next two weeks, so saving a little extra there.

So with normality just over the horizon, wish me luck, I know it's going to be a big shock to the system.


2 comments:

  1. I am glad that Galaxy is on the rod to recovery. Sometimes routine is good something to concentrate one anther than eating and spending money! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely, uniforms are sorted, tea is in the slow cooker. Feels like a 'normal Sunday '.

    Galaxy seems alot better this afternoon, still a long way to go.

    ReplyDelete